I got four really nice zucchinis in my CSA box as well this week. I figure I better get creative. I normally sautee zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. That can get boring. I might try a ratatoullie later this week. Tonight I was craving something sweet-ish. I went to my tried and true All Recipe website to find a nice zucchini bread recipe. I hit pay dirt.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional..I omitted them)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool.
I need to add that this recipe makes two loaves. Two of the most yummy loaves of zucchini bread you will ever eat.