Well, my version of it.
I added my own twist to this classic sauce by adding some italian sausage. This was better than I ever imagined it would be.
- 1 lb of lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 pound of precooked pizza sausage
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and pulsed in a blender
- fresh basil to taste
- fresh oregano to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic minces
- 1 onion diced
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 carrots chopped
- red pepper flakes optional
- grated parmesan cheese
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat, add onion and garlic and sautee until the onions are clear.
Turn down heat to medium. Add the carrots and let sautee until cooked through.
Add hamburger, sausage, tomato, basil and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste. let simmer until cooked through.
Place on top of pasta of choice, top with grated parmesan. Enjoy!