The zucchini in my HighCross Farm CSA box this week was phenomenal. It has been a busy weekend, so I’ve been pressed for time. I wanted something good and healthy for dinner, but didn’t want to spend a lot of time on it.
I threw this together and it was awesome. The zucchini was nice and soft, the shrimp perfectly cook and the spice…WOW! Very good.
- Zucchini, chopped
- Shrimp, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- Linguini, cooked (I used Barilla whole wheat linguini)
- Red pepper flakes, to your liking
- Hot sauce (I used the pimp of hot sauce…Franks), to your desired liking
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Italian flat leave parsely for garnish
- (I threw in a handful of left over asian greens…very optional)
- S & P to taste
In a large skillet heat olive oil and butter until butter melts. Add garlic and sautee until garlic starts to get soft.
Add zucchini and sautee unti it is just starting to get soft. Add shrimp and cook until orange in color and opaque.
Add S/P, red pepper flakes and hot sauce. Put over cooked linguini, garnish with parsley and enjoy.
I didn’t put measurements on most of the ingredients. I like to freestyle and I encourage you to as well. I like a lot of heat in my dishes so I was heavy on red pepper flakes and hot sauce. The best part of this recipe is you can control how hot or not you want this dish. Either way it’s going to taste great.