I wanted to do something different with the eggplant I got in my CSA box. I found this recipe and thought I would put my spin on it.
I really loved the lightly fried eggplant. I think this has become my favorite way to eat eggplant. Soooo good!
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- bread, sliced and toasted
- smoked salmon
- horseradish, either grated fresh or bought in tubes
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- fennel fronds
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
– Slice the eggplant thinly and fry in olive oil. Put on kitchen towel paper to drip off the excess oil and sprinkle a little salt over the slices.
– Cut the salmon into thin strips.
– Mix as much horseradish and fennel fronds as you feel like with the sour cream.
– Now put a couple of slices of eggplants on each toasted bread, add salmon strips on them and top with the horseradish mix.