This is a combination of two farmer’s markets. The Fond du Lac and Sheboygan markets. It’s a bit early to get any real variety of produce, but I still like to stroll around and see what interesting things I can find.
From the Fond du Lac market
- Homemade egg noodles from the Amish
- Garlic Cheese bread and Raisin bread from the Amish
- Baby portabella mushrooms from the mushroom farm in Eden
From the Sheboygan market
- A jar of cinnamon cajeta (caramel sauce made from goat’s milk, sugar and cinnamon SO GOOD)
- Muesli bread (the round loaf. It’s loaded with raisins and walnuts)
- Spring onions
- Farm fresh eggs
I have another strawberry-rhubarb buckle in the oven and just might pour a little cajeta over the top of it when it’s cooled. Cajeta is also wonderful in coffee. If you can find some, I strongly suggest getting a jar. Words cannot describe how fabulous and decadent it is.
Croutons will be made from the garlic cheese loaf. The the Muesli loaf will be toasted as a sidekick to the fresh eggs in the morning and the Amish raisin loaf will be turned into bread pudding.
The asparagus, spring onions and mushrooms will be dinner tonight as well as the homemade egg noodles. Recipe to follow.
I love absolutely love this time of year.