Alas, another Cooking Channel inspiration. This one comes courtesy of a show called Lose 5 lbs. Now, I half watched this show, half did dishes. I heard what she was doing, but actually did not see what she was doing. All I knew was I was sick of Newman’s Own olive oil and vinegar salad dressing I had been eating the past 21 days and wanted a change.
I tried to make a mental note of what she was using and adjusted to what I had on hand. I could’ve googled the recipe, but I wanted to see how close I could come using what I had. I did a pretty good job. I think I’ll make my own salad dressing from now on.
- 1 small can of low sodium V8 juice (she used a 1/2 c, I used the whole can)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (she used red wine)
- 1 packet truvia (she used granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard (she used dijon..I didn’t have any and didn’t want to use yellow)
- Salt and Pepper (we both used fresh ground)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh basil, chopped (she used 1 tablespoon, I used more…I like basil!)
Whisk it all together and there you have it. The show website says it is 30 calories per 2 tablespoons of dressing (that’s a lot..really!)